Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Moving from AllState to Farmers Auto Insurance ....

Not sure if I should move to Farmers. There has not been much positive responses about Farmers. Also found this on the net ... which will make be think again before moving --> http://www.farmersinsurancegroupsucks.com/

I called up my AllState agent and discussed about my plans of moving out since I was being offered lower premium by Farmers. She tried and reduced my premium almost matching the difference by slightly more than 50% ... I think
may continue with AllState.


Make sure the coverage is the same - take a physical copy of the quote and compare line by line - I have had exp where the coverage on the phone is mentioned to be the same as existing coverage but the physical quote says otherwise.
Once u confirm this - u can take this back to your AllState agent and ask them if they can match it - normally they would be able to
-----------------------
I had a bad experience with the agent Marie Woods (San Mateo). Got quoted good price but then she started adding things and then the final price was pretty high. Also, she ask me to fax tons of paper work every now and then.
Can't comment on Farmers in general, but stay away from her.
-------------------------------------------------
Farmers is a big money laundry m/c. They dont fight for your accident cases. They'd rather settle by accepting your fault (even when it's not your fault) and charge you surcharges for your accidents. They have the worst claims and law departments. Lower initial premium is just a lure to get you in and that's when their cheaps tactics are visible.
------------------------------------------------
I use Farmers insurance, and was involved in an accident couple of years ago, case went to arbitration forum, and my insurance guy even got me my deductable back.
Other driver's insurance was AllState and I was quite impressed with the kind of follow up they did on the case.
Not sure, may be even my agent did the same kind of work with the other driver.
- - - - - - - - - --

No comments: